Our next board meeting will be on Saturday March 14, 2020, at 3:00 pm, at Cameron Village Regional Library in room 202A. Please join us,
Address: 1930 Clark Ave, Raleigh, NC 27605.
Depending on the current epidemic situation, the meeting may be held via Skype if necessary. Please look over our website at any time.
Read the mission
A. Old business.
- Approval of 2/14/20 minutes
- Review of the entire Charter- (Budget, Grant opportunities, Contracts)
B. New Business
- Review OCS notes
- Review Robert’s Rules
- Board building
- Begin developing Strategic Plan for 2021 Opening
- Contract with companies (Look at Arcadia Insurance people and other possible companies)
- Join events
- Next meeting 4/11/20
2/8/20 Board Meeting Minutes
Time: 2:30pm, Location: Cary Regional Library conference room, Attendees:
board member: Ellis Park, Heli Chu, Erin Hsu, Ariel Lin (Chien-Yu Lin) are present.
Yiyi Jiang (board member), Patrick Xu, Steven Niu (board member), Tim Murph via WeChat.
Heli host the meeting, Erin and jianyu take notes
- At 2:40 pm, Tim did self-instruction and board members interviewed him with some questions. Ellis asked him if he comes in as a school director or board of director. He said we welcomes every opportunity but he would come as to give suggestions first
- Ellis expressed the need to postpone the opening to 2021 to be able to be successful. Otherwise he would need to resign from the board because he thinks it would be too tight to open the school this year.
- Heli suggest discussing next month to see if we need to delay.
- At 3:30 pm, Acadia Kathy presented their service to the board. Insurance people Steve came present.
The board meeting adjourned at 4 pm. (Take 15 minutes a break during the meeting)
- Read the mission all
- Ellis made a motion to approve January minutes with a few little revamps. Erin seconded the motion and all agreed. fix will be sent by Ariel
- Heli motioned to change the original enrollment of 400 on the charter into 200 student enrollments in the first school year, Erin seconded, and everyone agreed.
- Heli motioned to change the board members from 7 to 9 persons based on bylaw since original application listed 9 board members. Ellis suggested to check with the charter school office and discuss next meeting.
- Ellis motioned to vote on the CE Academy opening time to push from 2020 to 2021, Ariel seconded the motion, Erin, Ellis, Yiyi, Ariel 4 voted yes. The motion has been passed and CE Academy will open in 2021-2022 school year, instead of 2020.
- Ellis suggested to review the school leader description in the next meeting and created new timeline to target at the opening time next year. Ellis will draft up the explanation letter to the parents of the current enrollment.