CE Academy’s mission to prepare bilingually-proficient students for success in a globalized era requires qualified educators to join our team. See the job openings and contact information below to learn more.
Volunteers: we are encouraging community members who have interest in education and world cultures to volunteer in the following areas of opportunity: communications, admission processing, educational documentation, and other areas. Contact our board president Heli for more information! firstname.lastname@example.org
Job opening: Mandarin Chinese Immersion Teachers
CE Academy is a Mandarin Chinese immersion Charter school in the Cary of NC. We are looking to hire experienced K-2 grades Mandarin Chinese Immersion Teachers to help us keep growing.
• Experience with teaching in a proficiency-based language program preferably one that is aligned with the ACTFL Standards of proficiency, teaching and assessing the four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) in the three modes of communication (interpretive, interpersonal and presentational)
• A student-centered approach to teaching
• Eagerness to build supportive relationships with students in and beyond the classroom
• An ability to create and promote an inclusive learning environment
• Expertise in the use of classroom technology and a desire to incorporate technology carefully
• A commitment to continuous professional growth and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning
• US residents and work authorization (Preferred)
• Bachelor with experience or education background.
• Fluent in Chinese
• Part Time / Full Time
• Create plans for daily activities in line with the school curriculum
• Engage with young children in activities that are age-appropriate whilst bearing educational merit
• Foster a positive and healthy learning environment
• Ensure the classroom is kept in a clean and safe condition at all times
• Read stories to the children as a group activity
• Encourage creative thinking and learning
• Interact with other teachers and administrative staff as needed
• Communicate with parents regarding child development and progress
• Fluent or close to fluent in Chinese speaking, reading and writing
CE Academy Chinese Immersion Learning Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.