Our next board meeting will be on Saturday, April 11, 2020, at 3:00 pm, We will have an online zoom meeting. Please join us,
Meeting ID: 681037071
1. Call to order
2. Roll call
3. Read the mission
4. Approval of 3/14/20 minutes
5. Contract with companies (Look at Arcadia, Insurance people and other possible companies)
6. Board building
7. Begin developing Strategic Plan for 2021 Opening
8. Next meeting on 5/9/20
3/14/20 Board Meeting Minutes
Time: 3:00pm Location: Zoom meeting
board member: Ellis Park, Heli Chu, Erin Hsu, Ariel Lin (Chien-Yu Lin), Yiyi Jiang, Steven Niu
Heli and Ellis host the meeting, Erin take notes.
- 3:09 Heli called to order and conducted a roll call of members, then all members read the mission.
- Ellis hosts meeting alternately with Heli.
- 3:14 Erin made a motion to approve Feb 8 minutes. Steve seconded. all members agree
- 3:16 Ariel made a motion to review Robert’s Rules of order. Heli seconded. All members agree
- 3:20 Ellis expressed to be the co-chair. Heli made a motion. Erin seconded. All members agree
- 3:26 Ellis express to have 7-9 board members.
- 3:30 Ariel made a motion to have the recruiting rules and job description of each job. Ellis and Ariel will work together on a Google Doc.
- 3:33 Heli stated the school budget and grant. Heli already applied for the grant. Ellis stated that we can apply for grants, he will organize the group and contact local nonprofit businesses.
- 3:40 Erin made a proposal to have another treasure on the board. Ellis made a motion to propose that we should have two co-treasurers, with Steve being one of them. Ariel seconded. All members agree.
- 3: 49 Ellis asked Heli if we have any contracts with any companies? Heli respond that we don’t have any contracts with any companies yet. Any contract with any company will need discussion of the board.
- 4:03 Erin expresses that the 2019 tax return deadline is tomorrow and that the receipt policy will be done soon. Steve express that he will check the deadline date. Heli and Steve will work on it.
- 4:13 Review OCS notes. Elis will make a check list on a Google Doc.
- 4:18 Ellis suggested that we need a strong marketing person, Facebook, and Website update. Ellis will contact Bryce.
- 4:23 Ellis expresses a Strategic Plan.
- 4:28 Heli informs that we will have some activities in Cary, but we will see if it has any variation.
- 4:30 Next board meeting April 11th